Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

extendahoe leaking

ckinser1 ยท 2015-05-15 15:55

Well with only 40 hrs on my new to me machine I have sprung a leak in the worst place possible. The extendahoe cylinder. I expect it is the main cylinder seal but who knows. I assume it is not a line as that would prevent proper function of the cylinder which I have. If it is the cylinder it should stop leaking as long as I don't use the extendahoe correct? Also here is the big deal how to I go about getting to that cylinder? 1997 late series one 590sl

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies2
  1. #1ckinser12015-05-15 18:13

    Quick update. Extendahoe slides down slowky on its own. So I am positive the cylinder needs rebuilding. If someone could tell me the proper way to remove the cylinder that would be great. I am assuming I will gave to disconnect the lines to the dipper cylinder and remover the steel sleeve to get access to the cylinder. Luckily I do have a tractor with a boom pole to help with dissasembly if needed

  2. #2bob_002015-05-15 23:48

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNBNB0g31DQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_oB_QJfw-A i hope it helps