Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Extremely Hot Cab Bobcat T650

Techno17 · 2025-10-20 20:17

I have a 2020 T650 open cab unit. While in use, the footwell get extremely hot to the point were I have to exit the machine. The heat sticks to my boots and pants. Machine tracks and works just fine with no noises or any issues. This is my first skid steer and was wondering if this is normal on these machines. Its getting cooler outside here in Texas so I haven’t noticed it much but during the summer its pretty bad.

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-10-21 16:40

    Not sure where the hydraulic valve is located but if it's near your feet could get hot. Is there perhaps a cover missing. Another thought is aux. hydraulics engaged but that would severely affect machine operation. Could it have a suction fan that is pulling all the engine and hyd. heat forward? Do you get an oily dirty kind of smell? I don't know how heat sticks to your boots and pants.