Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Extremely low hour 977L

Welder Dave · 2022-06-16 17:21

Came across this listing. Kind of doubt they'd get the asking price but it looks pretty clean. Could also be a bit of a Dupont overhaul. Tracks are wrong for a loader and they look like they are a little stuck. Rails aren't even sitting on the carrier roller in 1 pic. Bucket, blade, forks and a winch has to be pretty rare. Wonder where the ripper is? LoL Cat Crawler Dozer for sale | Heavy Equipment | Grande Prairie | Kijiji

Replies3
  1. #1mowingman2022-06-16 18:36

    A winch on a 977, makes me think "former derailment work" machine. Also, if the low hours are true, this could point to a derailment contractor-owned machine at one point in it's life.

  2. #2Welder Dave2022-06-16 18:46

    I'd guess the forks and blade came at the same time but don't know if they'd be how the machine was originally ordered from Cat with a quick attach for the 3 different front attachments.

  3. #3Tags2022-06-16 19:26

    I believe it’s a matter of “paint makes it what it ain’t” at least that’s the way I think immediately when I see a machine has been painted. I would take twice as long to look that over. Also the coupler set up probably was not original to the machine since the attachment plate on the bucket was welded right over the original mounts, if it was factory, the bucket would have the attachment plate right where the original mounts are. Hey, if a $750 paint job gets him $75000, good on him!