Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Most amazing JD service run around…

othello ยท 2011-06-14 23:00

I asked in another thread thread about the JD 110 TLB fuse block. Mine shows some corrosion in the fuse section, and since the machine doesn't start that seems the first thing one should fix. The fuse block is a 4 section gangeable block, simply 4 individual sections clipped together. Three blocks hold relays and the 4. section holds a few fuses. The female contacts are shoved in from the rear into a plastic block, the relays and fuses are then inserted from the front, a simple and inexpensive way to do this, versatile too. For the last 4 weeks my backhoe is stuck in the woods while I get the John Deere run around to find that $5 piece to fix the fuse block. I have exhausted most every dealer in the entire area, some don't even return my phone calls anymore, others demand that I bring the machine in (it is stuck n the woods!). After weeks I managed to get the plastic parts of the block which receives the relays. Close, but not what I need. John Deere asks me to go thru the dealers but the dealers have no interest in spending the entire day on the phone trying to locate a $5 piece of plastic which does not appear to be in the offical parts catalog, meanwhile a $40k machine sits in the woods and John Deere says on the phone that my call is very important to them!!! I may not get anywhere, they may not find and/or sell me that little plastic holder. I did it all wrong! Next time I buy a machine I need to start with an inquiry about the availability and price of spares, what good is a nice machine when it sits the summer month idle in the woods for lack of a $5 part. With disinterested service people giving you the run-around. I am quite outraged. I need a new backhoe. From another company.

Replies6
  1. #1excavator2011-06-15 01:19

    Well, looking at the parts schematic, I would guess you need to buy a new wiring harness. But, if you go online to deere.com and access the parts catalog, go to "Where used" and enter E92565. You will get several model numbers to choose from. 110 TLB is included, but go to 4895 self propelled windrower instead. Click on "electrical" and you should see a picture of the fuse and relay panel. Does RE43737 look like what you need? Hope this helps. Unfortunately I think you will find with most manufactures that little parts like these are very difficult to buy unless you do a little digging.

  2. #2othello2011-06-15 06:54

    excavator, this is most amazing. What all the dealerships around here could not deliver, what many phone calls to John Deere, which all ended in either them saying they didn't know what I was talking about or in their recommendation to work with the dealer, what all those phone inquiries could not produce, you apparently did find right away. The little diagram you steered me to indeed looks like the gangeable portion of the fuse block which receives the fuses. As I said I was sold all the relay portions of that block, inexpensive plastic parts. Those parts could be purchased without a wire harness and I very much hope that the part I really need also can be purchased without a harness. I will keep you updated as to how this saga ends, but already many many thanks!

  3. #3othello2011-06-20 22:38

    Being a bit desperate to get the machine going I had pursued several path to solve this issue. One was to order with a John Deere dealer the part excavator had located. I had also contacted JD and a few days ago a supervisor called. After I explained the problem to her she said the way forward would be for me to find the order # or catalog number for the part. According to her I could not talk to a technical person and all the information I gave to her meant nothing to her, so find their part number and then order it thru a dealer. I was dumbfounded. THEY have all the information and expertise and it is MY obligation to find the part #. After I expressed my surprise to her she said there was another way. A JD Dealer would have to submit a written request for technical help to JD and they might be able to help the dealer . Even the dealer cannot get a technical person on the phone, who most likely could solve all this in 5 minutes. I will have to find a dealer who sits down and writes a request to locate a $10 part. Quite frankly this puts JD convenience first and foremost and the dealers second an me as the customer, well tough ****. That offical process has not yet gotten anywhere, but lucky for me meanwhile the part found by excavator has shown up and it is indeed the right part, so I lucked out there. But boy am I fond of anything with a JD sign on it....

  4. #4cutting edge2011-06-20 23:49

    To be fair,the 110 tlb is a b*****d child caught in the no mans land between the construction group and the ag group. It has more in common with the ag machines and is usually sold at ag dealerships. Furthermore,I suspect much of the electrical and drivetrain comes from a second nefarious party,which makes it even more fun for the partsman. It's poopy,but the 110 tlb is not a well supported machine.

  5. #5excavator2011-06-21 01:24

    Glad I could be of assistance. You presented me with a challenge and I love challenges. Kind of sad that it only took me about twenty minutes to find it and it caused you so much grief. Anymore with parts manuals on-line I rarely order parts from any dealer without first going and finding the part number myself. It just seams to work better that way.

  6. #6Axle2011-06-26 14:38

    Isn't that why you are calling the deere partsman in the first place? He has access to all the parts information, he SHOULD know how to navigate and cross check, and drill into the system better & faster than you or I. Looking up the 110 on the online parts site you get the fuse block number, than cross reference it to get a breakdown diagram. How hard should that be for somebody who has devoted their working hours to that system? Alex.