Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

farmerlund

crane operator · 2025-04-08 23:44

I got to know Steve here on the forums. I had the pleasure of visiting with him for a day on his farm in North Dakota. We talked about getting together on his next winter trip, when he liked to get away from the cold and snow. Life gets busy, and things get put on the back burner. I texted him the other day, because we hadn't talked in quite a while. When I didn't get a response, I looked online, and steve passed last spring. He was 54, two years older than me. Steve loved his family, farming, flying, and playing around with old iron and building things. He left behind his wife and young daughter. ' Life moves pretty fast . If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.' I'm going to have to catch you on the next go around Steve. HeavyEquipmentForums Obituary for Steve Lund | West Funeral Home Share memories & support the family www.westfuneralhome.com

Replies18
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-04-09 00:43

    Very sad to hear. Always appreciated his posts and there was never any controversy in anything he posted. RIP Steve.

  2. #2Bumpsteer2025-04-09 01:32

    Sad for sure, always liked his posts.....good guy. RIP, Steve.... Ed

  3. #3Coaldust2025-04-09 01:41

    Thanks for letting us know. I appreciated his posts. That’s way too young.

  4. #4Truck Shop2025-04-09 07:16

    That's really sad to hear, good guy. * Thanks for checking and posting this Crane Operator, I wondered why I hadn't seen any posts from Steve. He loved that old 68 W900 he had, I drew a picture of it for him. Talking to him through pm's, he was very patient with me trying to get it done.

  5. #5Vetech632025-04-09 08:05

    Condolences to the family of course. I'm wondering if Delmer hasn't had the same fate. Does anyone know him personally?

  6. #6Nige2025-04-09 10:39

    Thanks for the update @crane operator I was looking for something the other day on an old thread I started and saw his name. Wondered at the time what had happened to him as he hadn't been online for over a year. Condolences to his family. It seems as though it's the season for farmers. My daughter-in-law lost her father, also a farmer, at the beginning of last week. RIP Dei Williams.

  7. #7Tugger22025-04-12 10:10

    Thanks for posting this Crane Operator.A heart warming obituary. Sad to see a good man like that go so young. R.I.P. Steve

  8. #8skyking12025-04-12 12:14

    Thanks Op. He was a great guy and I wanted to visit him if possible. Please add me to those condolences. Sorry for your personal loss. We make real friends on here.

  9. #9Tones2025-04-12 16:40

    The Walk of Life is becoming the Stroll through a Minefield. RIP Steve.

  10. #10Shimmy12025-04-12 17:12

    It shows he was last active in November, I hadn't even given it a thought that something was amiss. I was always thinking when he posted that I should try and meet up with him.

  11. #11Truck Shop2025-04-12 21:59

    Where is--Old Iron Habit?

  12. #12funwithfuel2025-04-12 23:38

    I just came across this thread. What a downer. He seemed like a really nice guy through his posts. What a young man, life was just getting going. Everyone be safe, God bless .

  13. #13John Shipp2025-04-21 07:24

    Ditto the above. Hadn't seen this news until this morning, have always read Farmerlund's posts with the feeling that if we ever met we'd get along fine. Came across as a real decent bloke. Ah...

  14. #14Junkyard2025-04-21 07:38

    He’s still alive and kicking doing his best to enjoy life. We chat every few weeks about one hairbrained idea or another.

  15. #15John Shipp2025-04-21 07:45

    That is good news. Real glad to hear that.

  16. #16Welder Dave2025-04-21 18:49

    For Old Iron Habit it is good news he's alive and kicking.

  17. #17zhkent2025-04-25 16:38

    Rest in Peace Farmerlund

  18. #18mcdon2026-06-21 14:53

    RIP Steve