Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Favor request: heat actuator right part for 289D?

MichaelR · 2024-02-13 08:44

Hello, My Dad has a 289D, I think about 2017, with heat and air. It has been missing the part that rotates the heat valve under the cab on the left side (if you are facing out). He manually moves this a little bit, seasonally, for heat in the enclosed cab. As a gift, I'd like to get the correct part for him. I appreciate this group's confirmation. Is this the right part? https://parts.cat.com/en/catcorp/279-0850 Thank you very much. (I tried on Cat's site but it says no match)

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-02-13 09:03

    Can you post a Serial Number please.? It makes it easier to find the right part.

  2. #2MichaelR2024-02-13 09:13

    Hey Nige, thanks for trying. I don't have it. I will try to get it but it will be a while. I found other 289D's online (not the same - just random) TAW10532. But I'll get his and report back later.

  3. #3heymccall2024-02-13 10:39

    TAW machines use 563-0397 actuator for heat. $200 @ Cat. Less than 1/2 aftermarket.

  4. #4ahart2024-02-13 20:13

    I think we have an extra red dot actuator at the shop, I’ll try to grab the part number off of it. There’s no point paying for Cat markup when red dot supplies them to cat anyway.

  5. #5MichaelR2024-02-15 15:05

    Just got it: Serial OTAW06692 or CAT0289DATAW06692 For 289D AH2, Make AA Based on your comments I'm thinking: https://parts.cat.com/en/catcorp/563-0397 or RedDot Actuator RD-5-16392-0P 563-0397REV01 | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for RedDot Actuator RD-5-16392-0P 563-0397REV01 at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com Thank you all very much!