Hi there, I was organizing my videos the other day and stumbled across a few clips from this fall I never got around to editing and uploading to youtube. So back story is I had just finished clearing the trees off the strip between our field and the guys property and was in the process of sifting out the stones, garbage, wood, cement, and whatever else the neighbour had thrown in there. This is why I NEED a skeleton bucket as this is a big chunk of what I will be doing throughout the year. I really didn't like doing this job with my rake even though I had gone through with a bucket and loosened everything up already. The first load I did I just dumped into the truck with the rake, but my goodness was that ever slow. The way in the video put a lot more dirt in the truck but pfffft. Next year will be better with the proper attachment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiIgjvXyJNY Ok, I hope that you will notice that I am using what I have learned on this site. Please note the wheel motors are behind me, I'm not slamming the bucket open and closed...as often...haha. Well, if you see any other things I'm doing wrong and that make you cringe please don't be afraid to tell me. My talents lie with driving tractors, combines and self propelled sprayers, hopefully one day I'll be able to add excavator to that list too. Ok, thanks for looking, leave comments, rate and subscribe as you see fit. Merry Christmas Warren
looking good man.
Looks pretty good to me Warren. Myself I would probably use the rake more as a rake rather than sifting each little bit out. Rake the material towards yourself but roll it as you do so, work your way back swinging about 45 deg either side and pulling into yourself as you work. Rolling the material will help bind the roots etc together whilst leaving the soil behind which with practice will leave you with a rake full perfect for loading IMHO. :drinkup
I agree. I would start at one end by raking the material towards the machine. If done right, it will fluff up the dirt and also bring all the large rocks and roots to the surface. just keep raking your windrow back and you should have a nice pile of trash to get rid of. Your always going to get dirt in your pile, you don't want to make sure you get as little as possible On a side note, that thumb clanking would drive me nuts!:bash lol