Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Opinions: D41P-6

Twisted ยท 2016-01-27 10:51

I'm looking for a 6-way dozer to add to my fleet. I've ran JD 450G & a D31P and while they did what I expected, I'm looking for a larger machine. I already have a 45,000# straight dozer for the bulk pushing and I need a clean-up and grading machine. I don't really have space restraints as I don't do much residential hence the reason for a slightly larger rig. I already have a lowboy so no hauling issues, and a couple skid steers for the little stuff. I only expect to put about 200 hrs/yr on this one so it's more of a support machine. Still better than hauling both a big dozer and a tractor or skid steer for the small jobs. What can you tell me specifically about the D41 and any other suggestions on a similar sized dozer.

Replies8
  1. #1bam19682016-01-27 11:50

    I am interested to here what others have to say on this because I am in the same position as well. Another contractor in my area rented a D41P last fall while their D6C was in the shop. They were not overly impressed with it but I think they were trying to get the equivalant production aqs the 6C. I guess D41 was the only thing they could find to rent on short notice. That being said they did think it would be a nice size support machine and would be very usefull on smaller jobs. Take this for what its worth as this is second hand info. Just my $.02

  2. #2farmerlund2016-01-27 23:06

    My vote would be check out JD 650H or 700H or newer H,J,K machines with joystick steering are great machines. I like my 700j over the 650H I had, little more pushing power. If I was doing more residential work I would have stuck with the 650.

  3. #3southernman132016-01-28 07:08

    I have a D41P-6 and I love it. I also have a D31P-20 its a great little machine but it's no where near the machine the 41 is. That 41 is a hoss for it size

  4. #4Twisted2016-02-24 12:29

    My new toy showed up this morning. It needs some minor tinkering and a run through my shop. I'll need to replace rails and sprockets in the near future. I love pics so I'll share a couple with all of you. Darn pics. I'll keep trying.....

  5. #5Twisted2016-02-24 13:03

    Waiting for the ground to thaw.

  6. #6bam19682016-02-24 15:14

    Nice looking dozer!! FYI. I have a d65EX-12 that has a OROPS similar to yours. I found a cab off of 2-105 White tractor that with a little modification fit under the ROPS rather nicely. It's not quite as nice as the aftermarket cabs but it a fraction of the cost. Your D41's operator station might be smaller than D65 but from the pictures it looks very similar. Just thought I'd throw that out there if for some reason you were considering one. Just my $.02

  7. #7southernman132016-02-24 18:17

    Nice looking machine. Looks almost identical to mine. I love it more every time I use it. It's a hoss for its size and very smooth

  8. #8Twisted2016-02-24 22:16

    Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. I grew up on a farm then worked in a factory for 20 years so I really enjoy the open air. Less stuff to remove during repairs as well. I have a D65P-8 that's open as well but as long as it's above 10* or so and not too windy, I'm happy. My excavators get plain hot some days with all that glass and no A/C.