Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat allis 16b brakes

Highway 6 Repair ยท 2021-10-15 17:52

Has anyone ever replaced brake bands on one of these machines I have found a set of them but just looking for some insight on what I need to remove etc to get down to them. Thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1dirthog2021-10-18 08:22

    Have to remove the fuel tank then both brake covers and brake valves along with cover plates unless someone has done something stupid with the bands they should come out without removing the clutches also. Be careful they are known for eating fingers' though!!

  2. #2Highway 6 Repair2021-10-18 09:19

    Thanks. That's pretty much what I thought ours has a cab and rippers which may end up having to come off. Do you know how to adjust the steering clutches by chance?

  3. #3dirthog2021-10-18 11:42

    There is NO adjustment on the steering clutches. The ripper does NOT have to come off either it is a little tight but everything will come out now unless your has a cab where the back legs go back to the ripper it does not need to come off either.