Long time lurker who is just finishing up new undercarriage on a 1986 D3B. Thanks to everyone on the forum who have packed it with enough knowledge to give me ability to tackle myself. I put on new sprockets, but am in need of (hopefully a mobile) service to properly press sprockets back to spec. They are on machine, just need pressed. Located in southeast Michigan. Have called around to no avail. Cat said if I transported machine to them they could do it, but costs for it and transport is quite high. Saving that as a last resort. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Dave
Not likely that you are going to find anyone to come out any cheaper. A D3B is not that heavy. Check around for someone with a tandem rollback and see if they can do it in their spare time or maybe when going by at some point. You may get it moved quite reasonable.
Old-Iron-- I'm guessing a D3B is under 20k pounds and probably closer to 15k without tracks so a fairly light load for most trucks.. My question is what is the correct way to load and transport a dozer without tracks? I'm assuming you're not suggesting put on the tracks just to load/unload off a trailer. Or are you recommending to 'finger tighten' the sprocket with a big wrench just to get it loaded/unloaded?