Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fiat Allis 16b parts

Grantc ยท 2018-12-27 16:45

Bought this dozer a few years ago and have used it lightly, mainly for the ripper . It has baddly worn bushings and sprockets. The rest of the dozer is in great shape. I was originally going to just turn the bushings and maybe weld and machine the sprockets,mainly because of poor parts availabilty, but after getting it in the shop and looking closely at the chains, they are in pretty sad shape . Wondering if someone has a miracle place to get some parts, used or new . If I put money into this machine, I wanna make it good for awhile . I have saw some cat undercaraige conversions, but the idlers and bottom rollers aren't in that bad of shape. Just really need some chains and sprockets. I could build the sprockets up if I had to, but the chains are really the sticking point .

Replies2
  1. #1Highway 6 Repair2021-10-05 12:15

    Did you ever find a good parts source for the 16b. I'm looking at replacing the brakes on one. Thanks

  2. #2Tones2021-10-05 17:02

    Most chains have a number on the side of the link casting where the grouser bolts on. With that you can determine all the info required, pitch ,bush size etc etc. ITR may still make them but I doubt Berco do.