Looking at buying a D 41 and we went to test it out today and there was about a 2 to 3 second delay from the time you engaged forward or reverse before it started moving, I wanted to see if that was normal, the owner said that it was made that way as a safety
It's not normal!
I didn’t think so, I’ve ran a d38 komatsu that didn’t have that delay
Komatsu will darn near throw u out of cab lol...seat belt is for safety lol.
Good thing you came here first instead of buying it then asking for the schematic's for "D41 safety device" post getting real safe as in "D41 won't move" thread like the Case one's .
Did you run it long enough to get it warm or at operating temp cold oil will make them sluggish if its warm and doing it then its not right
I sent my dad and my worker and my worker is the one that drove it and tested it so I’m not certain, I think I’m gonna go check it out myself because it’s a really good price and let it warm up and try it out, dad said He never really idled up all the way either
Really good price? First question to ask is why?
Won't matter , if the seller mentioned that it was a safety issue he is aware of the problem . This will be at least one good reason why it's for sale , sell your horse before it dies .
Make sure the drive cut out pedal is returning all the way back. We have a d41P-6 and the pedal sticks a little. It will do this if the pedal doesn’t return all the way. Sometimes it’s simple things. Great machine.