I have acquired a CASE 580k series 3 it has a decent hydro fluid leak from the right side of the radiator. It seems it's the oil cooler. Dose anyone have a schematic or have replaced one of these in a 580k series 3, all of the schematics I have seen are for a series 1 so I don’t know if they apply. I have seen PDF manuals for the SUPER K and CK but I can't find one anywhere for a series 3 and can’t afford the paper version if I have to replace a this cooler. I finally have some work scheduled with this hoe and now I’m not sure If i should even use it:Banghead Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Welcome to HEFcorporall clegg! What you have sounds like a 580K with a phase 3 transaxle. You need to look simply for 580K manual +JJG20000. This is the serial number when those transaxles were introduced. With the problem you have, I assume you are looking for a parts manual for your machine, not a schematic. CNH have an online parts store with all manuals for all models listed - http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::model_find Just type in 580K at model search & two will appear. Yours is the JJG0020000. All pages will appear just as in a printed parts book. You can print off the pages you need if required. If it is the cooler leaking & not a hose, you will only find one at your friendly local dealer.
Is the machine safe to use while this leak is occurring?
Depending on how 'big' the leak is :beatsme Is it the cooler or is it a hose? A hose can potentially lose more oil than cooler, but is easy to repair. If it is the cooler, it shouldn't get dramatically worse quickly. If it is just a weep it will block the cooling fins of the cooler & radiator, causing overheating. You will need to keep an eye on either transmission or hydraulic oil levels.
Looks like its just started to leak, its raining so I can't dig in to it yet. If its the cooler, it leaks both trans and hydro fluid? I just filled with hy-trans so I guess that's what is leaking so it's going to get expensive fast Is the pic you posted on another post for the cooler repair the same schematic for my phase 3? The parts diagram online doesn’t even show the cooler or removal of it:Banghead
After you pull the cooler off you will have a better idea. That oil will eventually clog the radiator or even spit oil all over the engine if it's bad enough. Coolers are expensive, but I managed to get mine repaired at a local radiator shop. So far it's nice and dry. Others will tell you that repairing these is a waste of money as it seems that are prone to leak again in the future.
if this was my machine I would ask the local rad repair shop to have a look.