Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Final drive repairs

Farmhack ยท 2011-08-05 17:28

Hello I have a Dawson solar 55 excavator with a shot final drive I have stripped it down to find 4 cam bearings gone and one hub Bearing gone pricing for cams and bearings is acceptable but hub Bearing price is over $500 this seems rich I have been to 2 local bearing Suppliers but no body can source size bearing is 203 mm external and 165 mm Internal any ideas on where to source don't mind waiting for postage from Over seas

Replies5
  1. #1finaldrive2011-08-05 18:49

    Have you contact Murray or Jeremy @ Travel Motors Direct? They carry stock on the bearings for these.

  2. #21weare2011-08-06 08:22

    You may want to Goggle , final drive parts and see what comes up. Ive had sucess doing this.

  3. #3finaldrive2011-08-06 13:19

    We stock all of the genuine Teijin Seiki Hy-Dash parts to repair your unit, so does Travel Motors Direct. If you google it, you will most likely find people selling our product. The other people you will find sell inferior product out of China. I know, I've bought that product because it is far less expensive than the genuine product I have. But when we tested it, the metal was about as good as what holds a pint of Fosters... That's my advice...you get what you pay for.

  4. #4Farmhack2011-08-06 14:17

    Final drive What price is a genuine bearing for the daewoo worth Its a solar 55 serial above 590 late model not being evasive But can seem to find model number Could you email me?

  5. #5finaldrive2011-08-06 15:21

    PM sent