Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Finally a video of the ol 17A

2stickbill ยท 2011-12-12 11:28

http://youtu.be/2Wn0ArFA0mk All I could do my camera girl was to close so I had to watch out and be extra safe.

Replies11
  1. #1Ronsii2011-12-12 12:04

    Nice! Makes me want to get one of my 2U's running again, looks like some of those stumps are really rooted in there.

  2. #2707bulldogs2011-12-12 13:44

    What did it take to get it running? My dad purchased one about five years ago. I helped him free up the steering clutches on it. He also added a turbo and electric starter to it. We use it around the farm. It's a good machine for farm work. I'm hoping we can change the dozer over to hydralic. Then something major will probably go wrong with it. I used to get mad when my dad had me putting a bunch of time into old machinery but now I enjoy it and know for our operation new stuff would never work. I actually want to restore my dad's D-7 to origanal. The yellow paint is chipping off and showing it's true colors underneath. It started life out in the service. You can even make out an airplane painted on the hood. Thanks for sharing I like seeing

  3. #3Peter Kennedy2011-12-12 15:09

    Nice one Bill

  4. #4QuickTrax2011-12-12 15:29

    Congrats Bill. It looks good.

  5. #52stickbill2011-12-12 19:52

    4 cans of Seafoam.One in each cylinder let it soak a week then barred it over till I got a full round.Bled the inj.lines shot a little either and she fired up.

  6. #62stickbill2011-12-12 19:58

    Thanks wish I would have had the money to buy it.Before I got it running.Right now it's nose is belly pan deep in the mud.Must have rained a little too much. Some low life did steal some parts.Gen.Battery cables and the vent bolt from fuel cap.Constable caught him in the act and let the SOB go.Said he didn't see anything missing.I bet he didn't look.Well the thief had a dozer like this are knew where to sell the parts.He didn't steal them for scrap.Was unbolting starter when he got caught.

  7. #72stickbill2011-12-12 20:03

    Make sure Tommy looks at this.O heck he will be wanting to sell me an track job.LOL

  8. #8willie592011-12-12 21:33

    Awesome 2stick.

  9. #9D6 Merv2011-12-12 23:02

    Good one Bill ! Great to see another classic saved from being recycled razorblades. Plus its another diesel to noise converter to upset the greenies !

  10. #102stickbill2011-12-13 01:26

    That sound like music to me. About two foot of stack and the rain catcher she sounds good.Knock that off hood level and she do make noise.

  11. #11JD955SC2011-12-13 12:53

    So did our old 1939 D-7. Unfortunately a few years ago a large tree fell on the overhead frame during a bad winter storm and did a lot of damage.