Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Finally bought one! JD 310A

W8KT ยท 2009-04-10 19:56

Well, I finally found a machine. I happened on this by accident but it turned out to be fairly nice. Bought from a private owner who owned it for 11 years. It is a 79 310A. Nothing fancy, open cab, 1 yard front bucket and 24" rear. Everything works including the lights and brakes. I tried to post a picture but my files were too large. I'll shrink a couple and post later. So, I already have a box of filters and jugs of fluids. I guess I'll spend some of my weekend getting oily. I always like to change everything when I get a new machine so I know where I am starting from. Anyways, JD is very proud of it's service manuals so if anyone has a service manual for the 310A I would be interested. Bob

Replies8
  1. #1willie592009-04-10 20:23

    Rock on, dude! Hope you enjoy the heck out of your Deere!

  2. #2Burnout2009-04-11 22:01

    Good choice, I am quite familiar with the 310-A. It was the first backhoe I ever got my hands on with the old man. They are a great hoe. Which model is it? 8spd with a parking brake or an 8spd with a parkgear? I have a parts and service manual for your machine but I am keeping it. If there are any parts your lookin for, don't worry I got ya covered. Pics would be awesome though! I have a soft spot in my heart for the old A's.

  3. #3stephenkg12009-05-16 20:42

    I pick up a techical manual on ebay from plant-e-tech I can email you

  4. #4Phil2009-05-17 07:51

    Glad your excited about it, I wouldn't be. Couldn't wait to get rid of mine, parts are extremely expensive, no aftermarket unless maybe engine parts. Here I am throwing cold water on it . She was built like a tank though. Got rid of the cat too . Good luck, I found a picture of mine. Phil

  5. #5jperry035702009-05-17 12:01

    123

  6. #6davidd2009-05-17 19:37

    That is the cats meow!!

  7. #7jd310a2010-12-06 19:42

    That unit is clean looking...i just bought a 75 "tank"...but...within 3 days, slow hydraulics...yikes...

  8. #8Auctioneerhere2010-12-06 23:24

    Glad your happy with the hoe...It should serve you well.