Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skat trak

CANNONMAN1 ยท 2010-06-09 19:00

Does anyone know of any Skid Steer salvage yards. I am in need of a Perkins diesel engine for a Skat Trak 1700CX Skid Steer. They seem to want a boatload for a reman. and I am wondering if there are used ones out there. Any other ideas? Seems like $7000 for a reman or locals to rebuild is outrageous. The rest of the unit is perfect with only 1700 hours. Just having a hard time justifying putting $7000 into a unit that is only worth $10,000 when fixed.

Replies5
  1. #1smokey12010-06-10 00:12

    keep looking. there are new ones out there for arround 3500. i,ll send you the sites when I look them up

  2. #2CANNONMAN12010-06-10 10:26

    SMOKEY1, Thanks for looking up any site you may know of. I would really appreciate it. For $3500 I would fix it as the rest of the machine is perfect and I really like how well built and tough this rig is. Thanks again.

  3. #3TriHonu2010-06-12 00:25

    Did you check with Engine Rebuilders or Pilot Engines ?

  4. #4smokey12010-06-13 01:35

    post your ser# of the engine, and group type. Also a good sourse is Boat yards and standby generator shops. when I get your ser # I will look up a good price for you.

  5. #5CANNONMAN12010-06-13 11:38

    The engine I am looking for is an 80 hp Perkins 4 cyl. diesel. It says Perkins 1004.4 naturally aspirated diesel. The engine build is #AG70324. The unit it is out of is a Skat Trak 1700CX serial #1342.