Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Financing options for used track skid steer???

277 ยท 2016-01-18 21:06

I recently sold my caterpillar 277 and now am looking for a used caterpillar machine. I plan on putting 1/3 down and financing the rest. The problem I'm running into is that it seems nobody wants to loan for a used skid steer unless you're a business. I'm just a private individual with excellent credit, but no business. Any other non business owners on here that received a loan? I found maybe 2 online, but the apr% was outrageous.

Replies11
  1. #1pafarmer2016-01-19 07:12

    You don't need a business to get a loan. If you have excellent credit buying money should not be an issue. If you go, new try CAT financial for a low interest loan,...or any bank ....you have a big down payment and excellent credit....should be easy for you...

  2. #2mitch5042016-01-19 12:07

    Check your local credit union.

  3. #3pafarmer2016-01-19 12:50

    Credit union is a great place as well. First rule on buying money is don't do it from guy with a vowel as the last letter in his name...bad, very very bad...

  4. #4Roddd2016-01-19 20:21

    I used Cat financial for a used backhoe, they were very easy. I applied as an individual and they approved me right away with a down payment similar to yours.

  5. #52772016-01-29 22:38

    I got a very good rate at the credit union, so now the hunt for a replacement has begun.

  6. #6Sean Vangill2016-06-09 22:20

    Congrats on the replacement, how long was the process with credit union?

  7. #7pafarmer2016-06-10 03:41

    Congrats on the New iron. You picked the right color again......pictures of the new beast ?

  8. #82772016-06-10 17:21

    If I remember correctly, it was no more than 48 hours before the credit union had everything and they told me to start searching. I purchased the 279c, used it for a month and then sold it. I may end up regretting this.....

  9. #9movindirt2016-06-10 20:44

    Hope you made more on it selling it than your loan was for...

  10. #102772016-06-10 23:56

    Well I paid $30,300 for it, and sold for $34,000 to the first person that looked at it.

  11. #11pioneerfinancial2018-11-03 02:59

    Rates on financing a used skid steer run all over the board, depending on your credit, time in business, and a few other factors. but in general, the average user a skid steer we finance costs about $20,000 and is financed for 4 years.