Hello, I'm new to this forum. Have lingered in the shadows for a while now and finally decided to creep out. The biggest driving force behind that decision was because I now have something to post about. We purchased a used Case CX210 and a variety of attachments. The hoe has a little over 6000 hours on it and is in excellent condition. It was well maintained by its previous owner. I am by no means an expert on excavators, however we went shopping with an expert to point us in the right direction. I am a farmer, not a construction worker, so I will be using it primarily for fence line removal, clearing forest, ditching etc. We farm close to 3000ac and can easily increase our land base by over 100ac by simply taking out fence rows. That alone will pay for the machine let alone the 200ac of bush growing on excellent land. So far we have a 42" toothed bucket, stationary thumb, and a 72" ditching bucket for it. We are having a rake built for it as we couldn't find a used one anywhere. No one seems to trade a rake when they have one. Well that should be enough of an introduction...I hope. The machine is supposed to arrive either Monday or Tuesday so I should have a lot more better photos then. Thanks for looking. I hope to learn a great deal here and maybe get some help when I need it later on down the road. I don't know how much help I will be here, unless you want to know about farming. HAHA Warren
Welcome to the site...
You should have take a closer look at that CAT... LOL Nice hoe Welcome to the site
Nice machine!! Looks as if it the operator has taken good care of the machine to have 6000 hrs on it. I think that machine is a good choice for what you are planning on using it for. Need a hydro thumb though
First of all welcome to the Forums!:drinkup I agree that hoe looks good for 6000HRS. If I may suggest, you might want to go through it pretty well and change all the fluids and filters. I may be a little old school but I always change the fluid and filters in any used piece of iron I purchase, regardless if the seller recently gave it a service. Just the piece of mind to know that everything is clean. Hope it gives you many hours of service.
Yea, I know, but it has been an expensive year with 3 new tractors, a pile of land and now this excavator a few things will have to wait. Eventually I want to get a hydraulic thumb as you suggest. How difficult is it to field install axillary hydraulics on a hoe? Thanks for the welcome. I will be sure to change the oil as soon as possible, but not before at least 1 hour of fun...LOL. Before I get it too dirty I am going to read the owners manual cover to cover and get well acquainted with it just like I would for any piece of agricultural equipment. What I really need is some tips along the way. What really needs extra attention on an excavator in terms of maintenance. I really am a newb at this and any help tips would be greatly appreciated and repaid with me posting excellent photos. Good deal? Warren
Just keep it well greased and the fluids changed. And just dont slam it around and it should treat you well.
Well after looking at your pictures gain I noticed that the case is not plumbed for a hydraulic thumb. Plumbing and a new hydraulic thumb will be pretty expensive so i would just stick with the fixed thumb. As far as maintenance just make sure you keep all the fluids checked. I try to grease the main bucket pin( the one that attaches the bucket to the stick) everyday as it takes the most abuse for digging. Just keep pumping grease until you see is squirt out. When digging it's best to dig off the front/ back of the tracks as the machine is more stable than off the sides. Until you get the hang of clearing trees it would probably be best to push them over with the back of the bucket, then yank them out. By the way I'm letsdig18 on youtube, I think you saw the one of me clearing the trees with the daewoo!
Boyz oh boyz this is a small world. Yes I have seen that video and have watched it several times. Thanks again for posting them. What camera do you use? Thanks Chris and BigJake for the maintenance tips. I'm sure it isn't too hard. Basically an excavator is nothing but an engine, 2 hydraulic pumps, 2 power hubs, and a bunch of hoses. Not so different from a tractor or combine. I knew enough about excavators when shopping around to know that the main pin had to be tight and there is next to no wear on that pin. The only one that is a shade loose is the one at the piston end of the bucket cylinder. It moves about 1/32nd of an inch or so. I'll have to grease that one frequently as well I guess. Thanks again for the help. I'm sure as time goes on I'll have tougher questions. Warren
any more pics of the hoe?