Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Flashing lights

Towbarman ยท 2023-11-08 12:25

Good noonish time My issue is, I have a M1120A4 Light Hauling System (LHS). The issue is that the clearance and turn signal lights are flashing when the Hazard switch is on. I have already changed out the wiring on the steering wheel. That's where I thought the issue was. Nope. it's something else. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks Towbarman

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2023-11-08 12:47

    Pull one turn signal bulb at a time. The easiest place to start is a shorted bulb/ socket.

  2. #2Towbarman2023-11-08 13:17

    My mechanic told me more on the problem. Left blinker on all lights are going, clearance and turn signal lights. Turn right turn signal on no problem with lights flashing

  3. #3terex herder2023-11-08 13:48

    Sounds like a ground problem, at least thats the first place I'd look.

  4. #4Truck Shop2023-11-08 16:52

    Or if sealed beam lights a broken filament.

  5. #5Steve Frazier2023-11-08 23:06

    Do you have a trailer plug? They tend to corrode and stray voltage will cross wires through the corrosion.