I need to flip our cutting edge on the komastu, the corners are about to reach the bucket. Has anyone tried using any other kind of botls on them or do you need to get the specific ones from a dealer?
Just use some Grade 9 bolts... You can find them way cheaper than what a dealer will charge...
Ill give that a shot, i didnt know if they would work or not. Thanks Rob
When i flipped cutting edges I always used as many of the old bolts as posible, just make sure they are torque close or more than the specs
Is there such a thing as Grade 9 or is that a typo?
Grade 9 is a new one to me as well. All we know is it's a Komatsu, and it's a cutting edge, nothing else. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most cutting edges use flush head type plow bolts?
Sorry, meant to say grade 8...
I would agree when looking at large OEM shovels and blades but I think in the smaller exc and backhoe market standard bolts are probably more common. I suspect it is to do with the thickness of the cutting edge, ease of supply/replacement and ultimately cost IMHO. :drinkup
That's an adequate description in general, AtlasRob. That's what was odd to me; rwatkins asked for advice on bolts, but all we know is it's a Komatsu, it's a bucket, and it's a cutting edge. Is it an excavator? Is it a track loader? It's kinda hard to give accurate advice without a little more detail.
We are in the Tractor/Loader/Backhoe section So I naturally assumed .............:Banghead........ never assume
Oh yes, I was aware of that, guess I forgot to mention it. I guess I'm just attempting to point out that if I were going to post a question to obtain usefull advice from others on this forum, I think I would add the necessary ingredients to make the stew come together. That's all, nothing more than that.
Its a wb 150. It has a WB 4-1 bucket on it. I didnt have time to look at it yet as i didnt used it since befor my original post, to see if its possible for the regular bolts to work or if i need fancy ones.
I don't think grade 8 hex bolts would work well on a WB150 front bucket cutting edge. I'll just about bet it needs tapered head plow bolts. You should be able to find them from an aftermarket supplier in your area. I buy bolts like that from HeavyQuip. You could also try S Cohn & Sons. Maybe someone in your area will jump in and suggest someone else close to you.
I have a new holland dealer about 15 minutes away. Mabey I can see what they have there.
:notworthy You made your point, I cant argue with that. I spend too much time around small to mid size exc and backhoe buckets. :drinkup
I'm sure it needs cutting edge bolts that are flush with cutting edge.
Ah, I wouldn't let it worry ya' none, Rob. You nailed me once before on a Bobcat post, I'm still laughing about it. You'll get another shot at me, I'm sure.
We used grade 9 bolts when I worked at a lumber mill, but I can't remember what for. Try this... http://www.warburtons.com.au/resources/Tech_Pages02.pdf
I knew I wasn't out of my mind... :beatsme
At what point did you decide you weren't out of your mind looks to me like you sway with the wind Only teasing :drinkup
Man that's funny. There ain't much slips by Rob, he's a sharp fellow. :notworthy
Just one slip. All the quotes in his post arent from Dig-up. :drinkup
Ahhh, I see that now. This is just getting plain out of hand funny! I'm going to start wondering if I'm "out of my mind". Nice one, DigDug! (I did get that right didn't I)! :drinkup
:notworthy I Do Stand Corrected, ( will I get away with that or is a lump of humble pie required also ) :bash
now tell us the truth...you were just making sure "we" were paying attention.
:lmao :falldownlaugh darn it, I never thought of that reply :thumbsup
:drinkup