just wondering anybody out thier ever run any offset or sideshift backhoes and if you liked or disliked them?
All of the backhoes here in Ireland, and the u.k are side sift models, so i counld nt really coment on the centre post models! They are a great tool on road works and street works as you can dig right up to the curb! They are sraight forward enough not much to go wrong with the slides or any thing else!
Hi CPS... where are you in ireland...I just came back from there...shoot me a pm.
Is that your terex? I never see to many around my area......
yea! terex not to many around here either. I had a massey before and I was in good my dealer they sell terex now. I tryed out a cat 428it but it was top heavy, jcb big price tag!! it's hard to get offsets out here in so.cal. here's a pic of my first offset.
Is that your Super L in the background? What made you decide to go with a sideshift?
Yea I think it is a super L but it's not mine it belongs to the other contractor I share my yard with. I ran a few center mounts in the past but when time for me to buy one when I had my concrete company it was a offset. they seem to the best when it comes to diggin footings. thats the only thing I dig is footing.
I have to agree with cps, only get side shifts over here, centre mounts are :wierd to us. I cant imagine 1 good reason for having a centre mount over a side shift, especially as we now have hydraslide or whatever name each manufacturer has decided to call it. Nice looking machine, glad you like it. :drinkup