Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

floating excavators, on boats rafts pontoons rafts

trombeur · 2017-12-12 05:27

sorry if I open this discussion, I would not go off the subject, on the net I saw the big floating excavators type draga you could give me information thanks you would have information on excavator on "backater "

Replies7
  1. #1John C.2017-12-12 10:54

    Those a bit out of my work experience but I can see they are not really floating when they are digging. The big posts behind the excavator house are called spuds and they are forced down into the bottom of the bay when ever the machine needs to dig. They are picked up when the barge needs to be moved. The power plant and hydraulics for the machine appear to be in the structure behind the excavator as I can see smoke from the stacks when the machine is under load. Thanks for the video and pictures.

  2. #2Kiwi-truckwit2017-12-12 19:51

    We had one of these working where I live recently, a PC3000 mounted on the back of the barge. It came with a selection of dipper arms and buckets, the crane on the barge was used for swapping these over. The operator has a screen showing the topography of the sea bed, he digs to the screen, as he naturally has zero visibility. And as John says, those spuds are lowered to the sea bed to support the barge.

  3. #3trombeur2017-12-13 03:57

    grazie per il chiarimento, in più, i pali ho capito che stavano ancora agendo per stabilizzare e ancorare la struttura della nave per eliminare il rotolamento e il beccheggio, di recente ho visto un pontone in azione, mi chiedevo, credo sia efficace usare un Escavatore Così grande per questi lavori, lo trovi a buon mercato, in rete ho visto altri grandi hitaki komatsu, credo anche che liebherr si sia installato sul pontone Ricordo ancora le draghe a catena delle benne, potresti avere le foto di particolari draghe, il "backater" che l'escavatore è originale o è stato costruito da un altro marchio chiamato backater? è una macchina davvero impressionante come quelle usate nelle miniere a cielo aperto, è la prima volta che la sento nominare [MEDIA = youtube] C4Up7CyWUpk [/ MEDIA] [MEDIA = youtube] QvmgcQusKEg [/ MEDIA]

  4. #4trombeur2017-12-17 11:50

    I still remember the chain of buckets, you could have photos of particular dredges, the "backater" "that the excavator is original or was developed by another? And a really impressive car to be used and those in the open pit mines, and The first time I hear you mention, excuse the English one last clarification if I can better excavator or better lattice crane with grab bucket for dredging works, or what criterion is adopted to adopt the right preparation of dredging system( on pontoon on land), sorry if I ask but I am ignorant in the maritime works sector, thanks for your attention

  5. #5td25c2017-12-17 17:05

    That's an impressive machine ! Here is it's Great Grandpa equipped with front shovel & similar spuds . http://www.sam.usace.army.mil/Missi...essee-Tombigbee-Waterway/Snagboat-Montgomery/ http://dqm.usace.army.mil/Education/Index.aspx

  6. #6Plebeian2017-12-17 20:15

    The BA 1100 has 4800 gallons of hydraulic oil. http://www.shipyarddedonge.eu/files/backacter1100.pdf

  7. #7trombeur2017-12-18 03:40

    Thank you for your intervention and your valuable additional information