I thought I'd post a few pictures from our RM. Anyone that have other pictures please post them also. Our roads are in bad shape.
More Pictures
One more
What part of SAsk are you in? I was back in Brandon MB for easter, and a lot ot the rural roads looked the same way, and its only gonna get worse, the river has not crested yet. At least you ll something to do for a while!
Yeah its way worse in Manitoba Melita and Souris are barely keeping they're heads out of water, and it's questionable if the dikes on the Assiniboine closer to Winnipeg will hold I've got pictures but I'm not that willing to resize them.
I never made it to Melita, but I was a Sourid and Wawanesa, and your right, they are struggling to keep ahead. I jusr heard that they want the dikes in Soux Valley raised . I remember working in Melita years ago, and they would get some messed up weather there and get flooded out. seen 3 inches in less than an hour. Insane rain and damage to the town. Now this is happening to them, time to move to higher ground.
We're about 50 miles west of Yorkton
The flooding in the Oictures, is that from just run off or creek/riverflooding.
We had over 30 inches of rain last year and all the low areas were full of water last fall. Then lots of snow over the winter. Now when it melted it had no were to go.
I hope it starts to dry up, or its gonna be a bad year for farmers. the June 21 dead line is fast approaching, after that, they might never get what ever crop off and that i though on them and the Small towns around them.
I was in southern Saskatchewan during the later part of April and it looked as if there was more farm land under water than above the water between Moose Jaw, Regina and Weyburn. The Souris River was still rising in Weyburn on the Easter weekend and there was a lot of snow still left to melt. Many rural roads were closed because of washouts or water over the road. Even if it stays dry for the rest of May I would predict that only about 50% of the land will be dry enough to seed this year.
Cat 140h, That looks way to familiar. We have a lot of bad roads down here too.
Road problems
Pictures of a few of mine Shoving ice under a bridge. Dont worry , that dent in the railing WASNT from us.
During.... After The Trees in the background are on the Red River of the North Think i resized the pics one too many times....oh well u get the idea
Should stimulate aggregate sales.
Trying to fix one of the spots, dirt is still very wet. Pounding the haul road out very bad.
Great pictures. Very different to see floodwater that isn't brown & murky as we've seen here in Australia in recent times. Good luck with the reconstruction
Before and After pictures of a flooded spot we fixed.
Cat how did you stop the fill pancaking ?
I totally agree with you bigrus. Im in the Louisville, KY area and the Ohio flooded quite a bit of the land I farm on. and you said, the water is brown, murky and full of debris. It's been a chore and will continue to be one to get back on schedule
Need a boat or a ferry here
Nope no boat just a big pump and a hole to put the water in.................
Floats and snorkels needed.
Couple more spots and also Moose running along side.
Gotta love those swamp donkeys! Good pics.