First off, I'm a newbie to owning an excavator. I have a 23 Develon dx35z-7. I thought the flow rate was higher based on some internet searches that were apparently I was wrong. Come to find out it's 9.77 Gpm on each line. I bought a used Vail x4215 brush cutter that requires 12-20 Gpm. I first realized the issue when I saw the hydraulic lines on the Vail are 3/4 and the machine is 1/2. Then after some research I realized the flow rate is only 9.77. is there any chance this would work? Im assuming my next step is to sell the Vail and find something smaller.
The 9.77 gpm figure is for one pump, not one hose. You can use two pumps for one hose. That means with one hose using two pumps, the hose will deliver 9.77 gpm x 2 pumps = 19.54 gpm. The problem is that you must know how to connect it so that your brush cutter will use two pumps from the excavator when operating. Unfortunately, I do not have the technical documentation for this model. If you can ask the dealer to provide you with the shop manual or hydraulic diagram of the machine. I will base on that to support you with the connection method.
Makes sense. Thank you. I asked a guy that builds cutters and he emailed me this explanation. See what you think.
OK, I will send you a hydraulic diagram of a machine with the same capacity as your machine for your reference. In the diagram, you will see that the machine will use a piston pump A2 + a gear pump A3 for the option attachment.
Appreciate that. On my machine I can adjust the flow on the screen for the two pumps. They go to 1-10. If I’m running my vail brush cutter and want it to be at 15 would I just have each set to 7.5?
As I told you last time. When using a brush cutter, check that your excavator has been operating with one pump or combining two pumps. If your machine works with 2 pumps combined then install it as you think.
I found this online. Are you able to tell if I can hook the two pumps together for a higher flow?
I think you could be "cutting" it a bit fine when it comes to maintaining the required flow rates during combined operations when using that particular brush cutter attachment for your machine.
That schematic shows a yanmar engine and mine doesn’t have a yanmar so it may not be the correct schematic. This ***** so frustrating.
Well today an engineer at Develon called back about my flow rate question and claims with both pumps it will run just over 16 gpm. that should run my Vail 4215 cutter just fine if that info is correct. Next week I should have the coupler I have been waiting for to hook it all up and see how she runs. Crossing my fingers lol. Thx for the help Kobe Steel.
No problem. I only looked at your machines specs vs the min flow requirement for the cutter and it didn't look like it would be enough flow to meet the demand of using the cutter in combination with other functions on the machine ,but if the dealer is confident that it will work then at least that is some reassurance for your investment. Hope it all works well. Best regards
Appreciate you. Hopefully they are right Gonna suck if I have to sell this cutter.
The brush cutter you buy is perfectly suited to your excavator. As long as you connect it correctly, you can take advantage of both hydraulic pumps when operating the cutter, as I said before.
Thx. My plan is to connect it at the thumb and switch my attachment to the jackhammer on my screen. I put the quick connect fittings on yesterday. Just waiting on a coupler that should be here soon then I can try it. Thx for the info. I’m hoping the two pumps run together when hooked up this way to give me the flow I need.