Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

FMC Still Working

Trainman ยท 2015-12-28 00:13

Saw this in Oregon in 2014. Now used to support tower operations: Did not see it in actual use as they were in the process of moving the tower to a new setting.

Replies5
  1. #1lg junior2015-12-28 12:36

    Many years ago I hauled logs for the the mill that the original owner-builder of this machine logged for. I asked him one day why they put the triple drum on it. He said that one day while skidding logs it endo'd off a cutbank and was damaged to the point it was no longer able to yard logs. The triple drum looked like it belonged on it. The company [K&W] was sold to the hooktender Russel Budlong who gave it the yellow paint job. Russel rigged a wooden tree on one corner of a job and yarded it with the FMC. I hauled a few loads from there and did have some pictures if I could ever find them. After Russel got hurt and the big shake up at the mill, I lost track of where the company and equipment ended up.

  2. #2lg junior2015-12-28 12:48

    Once in a great while I still use mine.

  3. #3lg junior2015-12-28 12:59
  4. #4Trainman2015-12-28 22:12

    Thanks lg for the history behind the conversion.

  5. #5Hallback2016-01-01 17:40

    That is a great road change machine. When I worked for Canyon Creek Logging we had a triple drum setup we used also.