I am looking for how they have held up. Picked up an OBS 7.3 Ford C&C from Oklahoma (That was a fun drive home) Anyway its real clean and I figure I will keep it a while. While the cab/frame etc is clean the Wood decked steel framed rack body is pretty beat. It does have a good hoist though. With my current steel bodied dump F550 I have had to paint it every couple years (sandblast and paint) to keep it looking nice. I know some of you have stainless bodies on one ton type trucks. I know Steve has a 550 with one. How have they held up to hauling processed, 3/4" stone, river round, topsoil, mulch, brush? Any issues? I don't mind spending the extra on a truck I probably keep for a long time, but don't want to throw it away on smething that while it will look nice will be beat up inside etc. I own stainless spreaders with many years on them and have had no problems with them.
Stainless steel is a little heavier than a similar sized steel body. It is also a little tackier than regular steel, in other words materials will be more resistant to sliding on stainless than regular steel. Material has to be coaxed when unloading through a chute. Outside of that there's really no downside.