I'm wondering if anyone could help me find the value of an OLD Ford 3550 backhoe I have in my pasture. The thing has always ran and worked great, but has kind of been run down the last few years. Both buckets and rear rubber are in poor condition. Someone tried to steal it and ran it out of diesel. I can get it to start up but quits after a few seconds like it has air in the lines still. IMO, it's a parts backhoe, but to someone else it might be just what they need. What should I try and get for it? Is it a giant chunk of scrap? Anyone know what one weighs? Thanks in advance.....
I picked one up last month for one hundred dollars. Sounds about the same shape as yours, would not run to load, had to winch it onto the trailer. Listed weight of the Ford 3550 Tractor with loader and backhoe is 7466 pounds. Where are you located in Texas?
Thanks for the reply, and sorry for the delay. Northeast of Houston...
RebelRider, the value of used equipment is all over the place now, from the scrappers to the person that wants a machine for the home,farm,company. I buy used backhoe's now and then and rework them. I think the question is in the eyes of the beholder, because sometimes the person has that urge to move it, and sometimes not. I pick the machines up as is and where is and all faults. I have had people come by with offer's on machines that i haven't even started on and made offers i could not refuse but several made offers and i looked at them and said (you must be wanting that GT5000 craftsman lawn tractor with the 54" deck) point taken I would run a add and take no less then $ 2500.00-$3500.oo and it will sell, there is a market for the fixer uppers and someone wants or needs one all the time, if you spend a little time to get the engine running you may even ask more but have that number you can live with in your mind to start with. There was a 3550 that sold running and in ruff condition for $3800.00 last month to a farmer.
Thank you very much sheepfoot. I'm going to try and get it running.