Does anyone have any thougths on a ford 4000 backhoe ( see link) Is this a good little machine. Are there any maintenance,or getting parts concerns thanks http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...quipment-BACKHOE-FORD-4000-W0QQAdIdZ266821653
I bought a worn out 1973 Ford 4500 about a year ago. It has been a good machine so far. I have not had to do anything other than replace a tire, two rear wheel studs and two hydraulic hoses. I would change all the fluids as soon a you purchase and then start running her. From the picture, it looks like a decent machine, with good tires. I would not purchase without some seat time. Make sure the hoe and loader work as they should, check all the pins for play, including the king pins on the front axle. Mine have some slop but for working around the house it is fine. John
As I looked at the picture again, I had a couple more thoughts: 1. It appears to have a new muffler - this is good. 2. I also noticed a diamond plate patch on the left side of the loader. Mine has a patch here as well. It must be a weak point in the loader. It has not affected the use of my machine.
The specs on that ad say 12' reach. Is that vapable of 12' depth also??