I have a ford 4500 backhoe Slow hydraulics .Changed pump still didnt solve problem. Found the small inlet filter to pump completely clogged and collapsed. No success in finding a supplier for this filter . Does anyone know where to purchase this filter .I tried New Holland they dont have them. Also what is the best way to flush system to ensure crap hasnt gone through relief and control valves. Sorry image is turned 90 degrees cw for some unknown reason.
That's really not a filter, just a strainer, It's just made of screen wire. I have cut the screen off the steel can and soldered new one on.
What happens if you stretch that back out and wash the junk off it? With that much metal floating around, I'd flush the compartment out with diesel. You can use a 5 gallon can with a hose and gravity to get a good flow to rinse out the compartment into a bucket, then let the bucket settle a couple hours, siphon it off and repeat until you don't get anymore metal left in the bottom of the bucket. Then add some neodinium magnets(used hard drive magnets) somewhere in the system to grab whatever iron floats by.
I am looking for the same suction filter , did you find a supplier?
Welcome to HEF, edman06 ! IF I located the correct one, Any CNH dealer can get it for you. About $ 175.00 ! Here is a link to the parts book. https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/n...-4500/cn/FE591CCB-B8BF-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6
Hi Tinkerer , I'm looking for the one that goes in tank above the pump. But thanks
# 67 ?? Any CNH dealer including Agricultural dealerships should be have it or be able to get it. Messicks has it. Maybe. https://www.messicks.com/part/c7nnd893a/filter-screen
Tinkerer, It would be #67 top left Thank you