I'm working on the frontends on the tractor. It is very hard to steers in ether way . I will said that you can turn at all. If you lift both tires from the ground them you can turn to both side with no problem. I have change the front bushings the bearings all of that is new , the power cylinder I put the rebuild kit. Just got a new power steering pump and still have same problem. I hook a gauge to see the power steering PSI (fluid pressure) don't know if I put the gauge on the right place. the power steering have to hoses , one is pressure and the other is the return. I put the gauge on the power steering on the pressures side. The reading for both power steering my old one and the new one is zero psi. Can someone guide me to where I need to hook up the gauge. Does someone on this site knows what could be my problem. Thank you
Because both the old and new pumps are behaving the same I'd be checking the drive gears on the engine.
What do you think that is not turning. Do I have the gauge in the right place
Tones is referring to the gears on the front of the engine. The ones that rotate #27 in the parts manual image.
each pump comes with that gear. I'm going to check the gear that turn the pump
To my mind that's the next logical place to look. There's no point in checking pressures if the pump isn't turning .
I really thank you guys. I'm despair. Right now I got a lot on me and nether of my tractor wants o work. I will make a different post for my other John Deere . I live in Live Oak Florida and I was hit pretty bad from the hurricane . The eye of the storm hit me pretty bad and my both tractor decide not to work and I have a lot of tree to move. Here are some pictures of my house. Thank you for the help
I am so sorry man. If I was closer I would come over to help.
Is there any chance that any hoses were reconnected in the wrong positions ? I'm really sorry for your losses due to the hurricane. Start a thread about your John Deere. You will get more help here than you can ever imagine !
You can loosen the pressure line coming from the pump and see if it is putting out anything also is the linkage on your steering cylinder hooked up