not sure , Is it normal for these older machines to have to be run wide open to be strong ? Mine will barely work at half throttle . Wide open it works all day . Is this normal , if not any suggestions . I have found the strainer on the fluid resivoir and cleaned it , changed fuel filter, and hydraulic filter on the right side
got a 55a at idle it will pick up 1250 lb cumming engine with boom and bucket full extend and quick and power opereation at all engine speeds will be better help from peoples here GL
I'm guessing your hydraulic pump is badly worn and bypassing internally. One rough test is to simply place you hand on the pump body after working the hydraulics for a while. If the pump body is very hot it probably needs replaced. Flow testing would be best to know for sure.
could very well be the splines are worn and slipping on the pump drive at the connection coulping
I have friends with lots of Ford Equipment Their 555 is pre letter suffix. It behaves that way, you have to flog it to get it to move. I dug a power line with it perhaps 30 years ago, it behaved that way then. It behaves that way now. The 655 is a big tractor, it has to be flogged to move. They had an A62 loader, I wouldn't use. I didn't have the heart to whale on bad enough to make it switch from reverse to forward. Willie
what do you mean by flog? you saying use a whip? lol
I'm kind of sensitive. Full throttle seems to me like I'm abusing it. The torque converter is fluid drive, it may feel like you have to abuse it to make it move. A few John Deer machines have seemed that way to me. Willie
Diesels are made to run at high idle, it's not hurting them. On the other hand, I tend to run them at about 85-90% unless I really need all she's got....