Been awhile I have been here, but it ran fine as usual all summer then I here a slight errrrr ok the kid added 2 gal. hydraulic oil. Noise getting worse like cavitation. Yes new filter all clean. Then it got so it wouldnt pick up a paper bag, but will pick up a dump truck IDLE, any more throttle everything slows down. Its been sitting for a week while I try to research 'with no avail'. Yesterday my boy used it he said it was fairly better less noise but atleast its usable. My thought is if can lift a truck up there can't be nothing wrong with the pump? but when throttling up-sounds like it aint getting oil. We bought this new from local Ford/New Holland dealer and they closed the doors last year. Also the parts book shows a screen inside the tank suction side. I looked in there and I see no screen. Do I have a pressure releif valve somewhere thats lazy where ever that is????? but that what it sounds like. Like I say it getting better and this never made no hyd buzzing even in the coldest weather. Or perhaps it got a senior moment? thanks Sam & sons and we gotta backfill 1000' of electric line proto
Sounds like you're on the right track with cavitating. Pump sounds fine, and not likely a relief valve is doing it. Could be your screen plugged and collapsed, hose got soft and collapsed, sucking air somewhere? If you have any rubber hoses in the suction side I'd look at those real carefully, find out what happened to the suction screen.
Thanks I found no screen that the book shows. Took floor off and it has about a 1 1/2 short intake hose that is wire reenforced so that aint it. The closest I got to was on U tube, a hydraulic guy explaining this symtom on a Cat. He went around the machine with infared heat gun looking for a hot spot, and he did the pressure relief had some junk and was not seating. He said fluid leaking like that causes heat & noise, and loss of pressure & no power. sounds right to me, problem is when in hell is the valve, is there one on the bucket control and one on the backhoe control or only one. I get a head acke looking in the book, diagrams looks like spagetti. got the job done yesterday it works but its not like it was ...last week (must be the night gremiln got in there) sam