Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 655D Backhoe ” Extend A Hoe ” Price?

iBlitz ยท 2019-06-17 06:00

I just ended up spending $2,200+ for preventative maintenance, hydraulic hoses etc etc.. This is a " extend a hoe " or " extendahoe " model, works great and my mechanic says these are the best backhoe's you can buy haha. I really would like a excavator, but I can't find pricing on the extend a hoe model or any 655D's.. If I can get a few dollars for this to justify an upgrade that would really help out with my new work

Replies7
  1. #1diggerdave19582019-06-17 09:01

    Hey, iBlitz. There are a few questions to get you a price is it 4x4? full cab? how many hours and general condition of the body ??? I have a few auction prices I can look thur for you !!!! And back it the day I had a Ford 655A 4x4 full cab and extendahoe also. nice machine but kind of slow

  2. #2iBlitz2019-06-17 18:58

    DiggerDave! Thanks for the reply. It is a full cab, 5.1K hours, it is not the 4x4, it is a 655D Extend A Hoe. Yours was the "A" so I think the newest it could be is 80's? The "D" was from 1993-1995 it says. I doubt there is much difference between yours anyway lol. It was slow for you? I thought the 655D was desired for its reliability and power. I appreciate your time if you could let me know, like I said I want an excavator so I just want to know roughly how much to budget

  3. #3aighead2019-06-18 16:32

    As a comparable my 2003 New Holland 4x4, full EROPS, 4400 hours, with extendahoe, $24250, bought a couple months ago. I'm not terribly familiar with all the different lines/models, though I believe the Fords and New Hollands share a lot of the same parts or did at some point in time. Just FYI, after getting some big scoops of wet mud in the loader I'm very happy I went with 4x4, the big back wheels would have been lifted up enough to just spin. I'm also confused by your excavator comment, but I'm dense, so maybe I'm missing something... Excavators and the 655d are different beasts... Are you trying to figure out your backhoe/loader budget to see how much you'll have left for the excavator?

  4. #4iBlitz2019-06-18 16:59

    I appreciate that thank you! What model was yours do you remember? 4x4 is nice, but to me after using an excavator for a job, for what I do particularly it is desirable I'd like to budget 40,000 maximum for an excavator, my backhoe for what I do is just becoming more annoying than anything else, it works, but after operating a couple hours compared to an excavator from a commercial perspective I can't deny the productivity, safer operation etc etc. that comes with the excavators ( for what I do )

  5. #5aighead2019-06-18 18:11

    I completely understand and if an excavator was anywhere close to my budget I'd have been looking hard at them too. Mine is an lb75b. Part of my struggle is I'm just using it around my 6 acres. I have a small pond that an excavator would be very useful for but the variety of tasks the backhoe can do it's the right choice for the budget and my needs.

  6. #6iBlitz2019-06-19 02:31

    Compromise, compromise, especially when dealing with machines that cost as much as a detached family home. 40,000 is a joke for an excavator entering commercial use ( I am trying to get away with a 30k unit ). I personally am not at the point where I can spend 200k so I have to " compromise ". Backhoe's are great and for farm use you can't beat them

  7. #7jimg9842019-06-19 07:04

    that's why owners of equiptemt have to charge so much, lots used backhoes below $10,000, but can't put on a 8 hour job and run 15k to 18k use it on farm,,, work on it at the farm,,, when hyd hose man gets to know all your family by 1st name,, then go TS get hyd oil on sale and stock up, when its to where you can't walk because so yellow buckets around you making progress,,, I know this sounds like a joke rent machine for week and go at it