Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 775 (not 755) backhoe?

Gavin Phillips ยท 2008-06-15 13:07

I have requested any information on various message boards before (but not here). A few years back I saw and took a single picture of a Ford 775 backhoe while on a christmas-time holiday in Ontario, Canada. The machine is particularly larger than the backhoe machines I'm use to, also having 4 equal sized wheels and a general purpose loader bucket which seems perhaps the tool of choice in the US as well? I did contact New Holland one time to enquire about this machine, they said there was some material available but none was ever forthcoming (and that was over a year ago now). So can anyone fill me in on this rather large backhoe? One reply I did get said the machine was not sold in the US for some reason which may make it a very rare machine?! Thanks for any reply.

Replies7
  1. #1CM19952008-06-15 13:19

    Found an owners manual on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Ford-New-Holland...48714QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

  2. #2Gavin Phillips2008-06-15 14:20

    Wow! How come I never saw that one... I'm basically looking for specifications/dimensions and machine features (engine, electrics, hydraulic system, etc); basically the typical stuff you'd find in most sales brochures. The chance of finding anything for the 775 in the UK is pretty slim though. New Holland did build the LB115 which was also a 4 equal sized wheeled machine - I wonder if that was what replaced the 775...

  3. #3ddiiggy2008-06-16 00:11

    You have been here before. I found this, but it looks like it is a regular tractor: http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/store/model_parts.cgi?SearchArea=FORD&&md=775 &pics=1 Old post, November 2002: A guy looking for info on a "775 belgum made ford backhoe". http://www.usedfarmequipment.net/bbs/messages/2782.html Keep looking. Persistance is a good thing.

  4. #4CM19952008-06-16 07:58

    Welcome to the Forums ddiiggy!:drinkup

  5. #5Gavin Phillips2008-06-16 11:32

    And patience is a virtue! Tolerance helps too! :drinkup Thanks for the replies. There is far less chance of me finding something for that machine over here in the UK where shipping prices wouldn't cost an arm and a leg even for a 4-page brochure with its packaging. That is why I stopped eBaying with sellers from all over the world. :Banghead I guess just seeing that operation manual has given me hope yet though! I wonder if the machine is still there, next to a chicken farm not far outside of Kitchener.

  6. #6Gavin Phillips2008-07-05 12:39

    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I bought the Ford/New Holland 775 backhoe operators manual on eBay after finding out that it has dimensions/specifications. Also answers me the question about front/rear/both axle steering since I wasn't quite sure about the design. Maybe, just maybe, if someone else has a Ford 775, I might be able to help someone for a change!

  7. #7DerekD2024-01-18 15:08

    I noticed this conversation goes back to 2007. I was wondering if any of you in this forum has any information on the Ford New Holland and 775D loader backhoe. I recently acquired one of these models it may even be the one that was mentioned earlier on in this forum in Ontario Canada. I am looking for a service manual or even a owners manual for this piece of equipment it would be greatly appreciated if anybody can point me in the right direction thanks again.