I'm hoping someone can help me. I just signed on with the local Komatsù dealer. I'm loving this place, teamwork here. (Just like here) Anyhow, they put me in a used F750 2012. I've had to fix a few odds and ends. The thing I'm challenged with is finding a damper shock for the air seat . Gave Ford the VIN , sorry, we don't offer that. It's a low pro seat. I either let enough air out to bounce or I'm banging my head off the cab roof. (and I'm short. lol). The problem with bouncing is, it bottoms out, and that hurts, a lot. I'm sure some of you guys have crossed this bridge, what did you do? Where did you score parts. Please help , both I and my back thank you.
Forgive my ignorance not sure what "It's a low pro seat." means. Is that the make of the seat? Any chance of some pictures of the suspension? Just a thought, a few years back we had a Cat off-highway truck with an air ride seat and the shock was shot. For some reason Cat hat obsoleted that design. Suspension was itself good just too bounce from the weak shock. Tried finding something that would fit from an automotive application with no success. Then Ernie the working group lleader for the quarry looked at it and said "Hey that looks like a shock of the front skies of a snow mobile. His brother in-law just happens to run a sled shop so he took it home one weekend and managed to find a good used one that was close enough to actually work. Stroke was a little off and could have been a bit stiffer. But compaire to the price of a complete new seat from Cat was good to go.
It's a national seat. I will upload a pic when I get back home. Lo pro In this case means, not a whole lotta travel and not much distance between floor and roof. As you mentioned, everything else is fair to good, can't justify 850 for a new seat when all i need is a $30 shock. Thanks, I was thinking old fashioned skid steer centering shock damper. Never thought of snowmobiles.
If you have some idea of the dimensions closed and extended and the mount type go to Monroes website. You should be able to find what you need from there. That should give you a part #. Hope this helps.
If it's a National I would be starting here: https://www.nationalseating.com/en-us/vehicle/ford-f-750-sd-2012-0 And there is the number at the bottom of the page: CALL US: 1-800-459-7328
National seat? From here
Well if the kit shown above is the right one SK582-2 then $50.00 from this place: http://www.seat-specialists.com
Holy shnikes, you guys are way better at this than me. And I'm supposed to be the Google mechanic . I looked all over national's website, couldn't find squat. All the dampers I found were for bigger seats like el Dorado and such. I feel ashamed of my inadequacy. I will be contacting National directly first thing tomorrow. And if I get no satisfaction from them, its seat specialists for the follow up. Thanks everyone.
this is what I'm up against. Stem on one end , eye on the other. Rest of the seat is good, upholstery is even fair. But that shock is garbage.
I'm guessing the shock you need is one of the other -numbers. Like maybe the SK582-6? Guess I'd be writing down any numbers off the seat frame and the ones on the shock itself and calling that 1-800-459-7328 number first thing Monday. And if they can identify it ask if they could send you a full parts break-down for future reference!
It’ll still suck lol. I ran a F-750 for 350k miles. Just not enough room in the cab and I’m an average height feller. My FL isn’t any better with head room and an air ride cab. When the frequency of the bumps is right it’s like getting double jumped on a trampoline!
Well I'm lucky in that it's an extended cab. It helps. I'm so damn short, I'm sitting on top of the wheel to reach the pedals.