Have found two backhoes and both being in equal condition what dollar value would one put on the difference in hours between 2500 and 3950? Assume equal service as well..... $1000, $2000??? Less?? Many thanks for any help. Karl
Sorry meant 555E
Why don't you post exactly the money the two sellers are asking? There is no set formula, on used iron, it's condition, condition, condition....
El Hombre, The two machines are $13,350 each. The low hour machine 2500; needs a seat, front bucket plate welded on lower back because someone dragged it and it is worn, needs front tires, it does have a few new hoses. Also need exhaust welded together has parts, was owned by the County and very regular maintenance. The higher hour machine 3950 does not need really anything and has every hose replaced, good regular maintenance by a landscape company. Ready to work. both have leaks in the front bucket pistons and I will pull them and have them repacked. I am going to use this machine for only a couple of hundred hours and then resell. Only seem to need them every five years or so. I am going to buy one of them but just wondering if the low hours are worth the extra money I need to put into it? Thanks for any help. Karl
Sounds to me like the higher hour machine is in better shape. Like El Hombre mentioned condition is more important than hours. If the higher hour machine is in better shape it might even be worth more than the low hour machine. Might want to post some pictures of each, lots of trained eyes around here to notice things you may have missed.
Thanks LT-X7, I think I am going to get the higher hour machine as it is proven and the low hour machine may have other issues. Best, Karl