Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Radio Replacement

cosmaar1 · 2024-02-18 20:20

My 555E hasn’t had a working radio since I bought the machine 5 years ago and I’m looking to get it replaced. It’s a “heavy duty” radio and I’m sure through New Holland it will cost hundreds to replace. Has anyone ever replaced their radio before? If so, what brand did you buy? Where did you get it? Also, this website I came across seems to have an interesting concept, however I can’t find much about it. Has anyone used this company before or this style of receiver? fastRADIO Plug & Play 99.99 HD radio 99.99 plug & play heavy duty radio, www.heavydutyradios.com

Replies20
  1. #1Ridinhigh15002024-02-18 20:29

    Jensen makes the OE radios for New Holland, Kubota, CAT and Bobcat. https://www.jensen-electronics.com/jensen-heavy-duty/

  2. #2reganj2024-02-18 21:38

    If this machine has a standard DIN radio, I am not familiar with the machine,,,, Go to Wally world and buy a radio and speaker kit or I believe there is an App for your phone and wear ear buds. If these are stupid suggestions or do not apply, dont laugh at me to much, trying to be helpful.

  3. #3cosmaar12024-02-18 22:42

    No stupid answers here that’s for sure! Hence me asking probably a simple question hahahaha It’s been so long since I’ve worked on car audio that I don’t remember half of the stuff anymore. If I recall the back of the radio had I THINK 2 rows of 8 slots which formed a rectangle shape wiring harness connection. A couple of the slots were empty though.

  4. #4cosmaar12024-02-18 22:45

    And now looking up with a single din is, yes it’s this size. It also says heavy duty slapped on it.

  5. #5Swetz2024-02-19 09:45

    Cosmaar1, My 675E has the radio mounted on the left hand side, sitting in the seat. It is a somple single DIN radio. As far as wiring, it needs power ground, and keep alive (constant power). Their will be 4 wires for your current speakers. Simple as it gets. The new unit will tell you which wires go where. I agree...Do not pay big dollars!

  6. #6NH575E2024-02-19 10:39

    I'm on my second replacement. Both have been simple mechless single din units with blue tooth. I haven't been able to see the display on either outside of the barn. I just have a low profile USB drive loaded with a bunch of MP3s for music. Having the blue tooth in case the wife calls is a must have. In choosing a replacement look for reviews on display brightness. Make sure it has a USB port or an SD slot and is compatible with your favorite digital music format. Make sure it has Blue Tooth. Mechless is my choice in everything because CDs are a lost format and heavy. Besides it wouldn't play well in the environment of a backhoe. I replaced the original speakers with a pair from Walmart. My radio had a glitch in the fuse panel somewhere I was unable to find or fix. It would lose connection and I could get it to power back on by wiggling one of the gang plugs to the panel. I pulled and cleaned all the plugs and fuse panel connections to no avail. A few months ago I finally pulled new wires and so far so good.

  7. #7edgephoto2024-02-19 10:47

    If all you are doing is using Bluetooth, why not just buy a rechargeable Bluetooth speaker? I have a couple of them and the batteries last forever. You could even wire up a USB port to charge them. Then when it breaks, throw it out and get another one. Much cheaper and less work to install.

  8. #8NH575E2024-02-19 10:58

    Replacing a single din radio couldn't get any easier and it turns on and off with the key. You can get one for >25 bucks with all the features you would need in a backhoe.

  9. #9cosmaar12024-02-19 11:09

    I agree with y’all. Buy a cheap one and be done with it. I might just have to do a little wiring work to fit the new harness. Thanks!

  10. #10reganj2024-02-19 22:55

    I can make you a sticker that says Heavy Duty and send it to you ha ha

  11. #11cosmaar12024-02-20 21:23

    Not gonna lie, that was a good one

  12. #12csthompson122024-02-21 17:44

    I got a 19.95 bluetooth one a Walmart a few years ago, still working good!

  13. #13cosmaar12024-02-21 20:07

    Well I ended up buying a $30 Jensen from Amazon. Came yesterday and installed it today. Took about an hour as I had to clean up some of the existing wiring, but surprisingly the speakers worked in the old girl. I will be rockin out when I dig now!

  14. #14emmett5182024-02-22 04:29

    I replaced the simple, AM / FM radio in my Deere 310L with a Kenwood that would do MP3. BOught it at Best Buy. Replaced the two factory speakers with four high end models. The slot for the radio was a standard DIN. Also added a 2M / 440 FM ham radio, so spending time in the cab is lots of fun. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kenwood-bluetooth-cd-digital-media-dm-receiver-and-satellite-radio-ready-with-detachable-faceplate-black/6514905.p?skuId=6514905

  15. #15Vetech632024-02-22 08:14

    How are you going to hear the gas escaping from a struck gas line?

  16. #16reganj2024-02-22 20:49

    If you would like to hear the bass better, put some squishy foam, 2 inches or thicker, into the area were you mount the speakers and then install speakers. The foam should be bigger than the speakers to encapsulate the speakers or try to fill the area behind the speakers. The foam can be gotten from a cushion from a discarded piece of furniture. Or you can buy from a store.

  17. #17emmett5182024-02-23 19:02

    I lined the inside of the roof with foam carpet padding.

  18. #18cosmaar12024-02-23 19:37

    Luckily for me I’m in the middle of the woods…. If I hit a gas, electric, water, or sewer line, I’ve got even more problems than I thought lol

  19. #19Bote2024-03-10 14:06

    Lot's of good but cheap options out there. I put a Boss 616UAB in my 580M two years ago. It was $25 bucks from Amazon and bluetooth.

  20. #20emmett5182024-03-10 16:00

    Anyone put a compact subwoofer in a backhoe? Not sure where you could mount it.