Looking for a little engine info for a friend. Tractor is currently showing head gasket issues, and dealer acts like your asking for his first born. Any info would be appreciated!
Aaron81, I am not a Ford/New Holland parts guru, but I took what I think is your engine number and put it in a google search..." ford new holland engine n844l-g40003 head gasket kit" (I am not 100% on the numbers, your pic was hard for me to see) I got many responses. I still have no idea what this is in, but it says it is a 2.2L Shibaura engine that was used in differing pieces of equipment. Below is a link to a site that sells a head gasket kit, if that is what you were looking for (remember to recheck the numbers I am not 100% that they are correct). https://www.tractorpartsdirect.com/Shibaura
Sounds like it's going to be a compact tractor, I had Shibaura engines in New Holland mowing equipment we had at work. I wanted to replace them with newer models but my dealer explained that the relationship between New Holland and Shibaura had broken down and they were no longer producing machines for them. Might explain why the dealer above isn't being too cooperative.