Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Forks for a Case 580C

outlawspeeder ยท 2022-04-16 21:38

I am looking to add a set of forks to my 580C. Can any one share how tall and long the stock ones are? How they attach? The current hooks on my bucket are folded over and will need to be replaced. So photos and size of them too. My thought is to buy a set of forks on Craig's list / market place and turn them into what I need. I don't know if the forks set in the bucket or on the cutting edge. I need to move some pallets of blocks and I know my little ford 1310 is not going to make it. Thanks for the help.

Replies5
  1. #11466IH2022-04-16 22:08

    580C is probably small enough you could convert to a skid steer quick attach

  2. #2outlawspeeder2022-04-16 23:01

    I could but that is a lot more money than 150 dollars for a set of forks to the hooks and some welding.

  3. #3Tinkerer2022-04-17 08:44

    I have moved full pallets on 8" concrete blocks without pallet forks. They pallets were so heavy I had to wrap the lifting chains around the loader cross-member that is behind the bucket. I cut 2 - 4x4's to match width of the of top of the blocks. I then wrapped two chains around the pallet and used the 4x4's on top of the blocks to prevent the chains from pinching them. The chains were prevented from splitting the 4x4's by placing a 4x4 across the end of the spreaders.

  4. #4Mr580backhoe!2022-04-19 19:48

    I converted my case 580c to skid steer quick attach. I got the quick attach set up from a 75hp farm tractor. I used some 3/8 plate to make the new mounts with it was pretty easy and only took a few hours time and definitely worth it

  5. #5Swetz2022-04-19 20:41

    We have been discussing this topic. It starts at 53, but goes a couple of pages more. HeavyEquipmentForums