Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JCB Midi CX transmission issues

Aaron75 · 2020-04-19 09:12

Thanks for adding me. I purchased a 2009 JCB Midi cx with 164 hours on it a couple days ago, now that I have it home the transmission seems weak. It will definitely not drive it’s stated 16mph and it seems almost the same speed in high or low. In low it has to be revved up considerably, 200-2500 rpms to drive up my driveway. Is there a filter or screen I should check for restricted flow. All of the hydraulic functions work as they should, front end loader, backhoe, stabilizers. But it seems like the transmission is slipping, if I equate it to a vehicle. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1macklong2020-12-27 00:01

    Hello Aaron75. I have a 2010 MIDI CX and i found out that the lever/ i call it cruse control to the left of the dash has to be all they way forward. I sort of had a similar issue and that was the problem.