I bought this manual and it will be available for download for about another 70 hours. http://www.tradebit.com/DL/T140217063503-471d I have an 82 580E that will only go forward in 1st gear but pulls HARD in reverse in all gears. Ordered the rebuild kit today from EPS. Gonna rebuild her shuttle this weekend. Needed a manual so here you go to anyone else who needs it.
Wished it was a 580C. I'm sure a few people will down load it.
Hi Fishfighter I have a pretty good copy of a Case 580C parts and service manual on CD. If you want I can make a copy of it and mail it to you. Ron
wljohns, Thanks for the download, my Dad just bought a 86-87 580SE a couple days ago, so this will be very help full. He had a 84 model once before and on that one the torque converter went out and we put in a new converter and shuttle. I never tackled rebuilding one tho. I am wondering if it is complicated or pretty much straight forward. Hope I don't have to find out myself. Mudober
I looked at it and changed my mind on doing it myself. Brother and law works with a guy that worked on them in the 90's so he is doing it for me. I will post a pic of how burned up clutches were in a little bit. I could probably do it. The manual has a great walk through. But I did not have the press needed to do it right.
The above manual is password secured as far as preventing you and I from changing it, however the normal Adobe toolbar is missing. This makes it really hard to move around the many pages. I have come across lots of these files in building codes and other pdf files. There is an easy way to get the normal toolbar back allowing you to move around the pages. You need to download a free "HEX EDITOR". You change where it says "Hide toolbar from true to false". It just takes a couple of minutes, see the link showing what it looks like. This does not hack any security in the file, you are still not able to alter the file, you just get the toolbar. http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3702/12669386314_f7db94847d_o.jpg
Syndy; I downloaded it also. I was curious to see what it contained. It was a zip file. I use WinRar to open that type of file. I also have the latest version of Adobe Reader as my default .pdf reader. No password was required by either program. Adobe opened the entire manual with no problems. I noticed you said, (" password required as far as you and I changing it.") What sort of changes are you wanting to make to it ?
When you or anyone makes a .pdf file (Adobe acrobat) you can password protect it or not. Even though it is password protected you can still open it and use it, you just can't change what the writer has put in it. However without the normal toolbar it can be hard to maneuver around the pages. We/I don't want to change the contents of the file, just make it easier to use. I am using Adobe Acrobat professional and it may look different with different versions. In the link below you can see how it looks in my reader, the top with the toolbar missing and the bottom with the full toolbar, I guess yours could look different. http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3749/12675705584_3e2b083431_o.jpg
I think the toolbar returns if you click view in the upper left corner and click tools. I just tried and toolbar came back. Ron
In my version of Adobe it will not open the toolbar. I'll try another version. Ignore my post if it is working for you. BTW, I have the CD, it came with my backhoe, I was looking to see if there was a difference.
I am looking for a 580c service manual that includes info on bleeding the brakes and the rear brake cylinders... Does yours have that? I'm distraught!
Both the manual above and my original CD have the procedure around page 835. Both are the same as you would do in a car. Fill the master cyl, pump the pedals and hold them down while someone opens the bleed screws on the brake cylinders. Do it over and over until the air is gone. My Case is a 1983 SE and uses regular hydraulic fluid in the brakes not DOT brake fluid. If I remember right there is a tag inside the instrument panel that tells what fluid to put in.
Manual worked great for me. Just trying to help out.
I sure would like that and more then willing to pay for your time.
Private message me or post your name and address and I will drop it off at the post office Monday. No charge Ron
Ron, you have mail. And thanks a lot. I hope I can help someone else in time too!
Hi Fishfighter & nova481 i am looking for a manual for a Case 580C parts & service manual - can i get a copy from you? nancy
Hi Send me your name and address and I will send you a copy on CD Ron
Do you still have the cd? What are the odds I can get a copy? Or u upload to a shared Dropbox folder? Just bought a non running 580c and need all the help I can get.
Hi there, I'm brand new here to this forum and saw that have a cd for the 580c you've been willing to share. Do you still have it and is there a chance I could get a copy from you? Thanks,
Hi Mozer There are so many listed on ebay now that it's easier that way. Such as this one below http://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-580C-T...487139?hash=item35e55f2f23:g:yEIAAOxydB1SfiHc
Hello, does anyone still have this service maual for the 580E? Im in desperate need of it but cant buy one right now. Thanks
Here ya go osafar !! It will take a while to download 1357 pages of it. ----> http://files.minnpar.com/partbooks/... E Loader Backhoe Tractor Workshop Manual.pdf
Man, I dont even know how to thank you, this will save my skin. Thanks so much. Thats my first day in the forum, but I will try my best to participate and contribute too. Thanks again
You are welcome osafar and welcome to the forums. Most all of us are here to help each other. We owe a lot to Steve Frazier and all his moderators for keeping this site what it is !
does anyone have the service manual for the 580e i think it is late 80's model
can i get a copy of the book for backhoe case 580E, i need the book of this model, please anyone who knows, help me
Welcome to HEF, faizbond ! Send me your email address in a private conversation and I will send you a link to it on my Google Drive.