Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Freight charges

Moonlite ยท 2014-08-13 23:53

I am working on a hitachi 200 LC Excavator. Needed expansion valve and low pressure switch for a/c. Also needed lower front cab glass and weather striping and hardware. So I call dealer give model a and serial number. Tells me everything has to be ordered would be 3 business days for them to get. Ok fine order it. 4 days later I call they say missing one part be in next day. Well 7 days later I call again get same response. Finally 8th day parts are there. Drive 120 miles to get them. No weather stripping was ordered. Well they sent the next day. I paid freight. Went to job and found low pressure switch and expansion valve wrong. After a day of phone rag got correct parts ordered and sent to me again I paid freight. Where suppose to send paper work to send wrong parts back but didn't so again I pay freight I think maybe I should quit turning wrenches and sell parts . Right parts wrong parts and no parts you still bill out freight..

Replies5
  1. #1Deeretracks2014-08-14 00:12

    You clearly aren't scary enough. That crap wouldn't fly with me. Sounds like they stock ordered the parts so you should have paid no freight on the 1st order and since it was their F-up I would make them cover the freight on the rest too.

  2. #2mitch5042014-08-14 00:42

    Yeah, the only time I pay freight w/ my Deere/Hitachi dealer is if it's a "machine down" order and I want it overnight. And they could want freight on their screw up all they wanted, they'd be told to want in one hand, spit (for forums sake ) in the other, see which fills up faster.

  3. #3Moonlite2014-08-14 00:45

    Gotta order new under carriage for a john Deere 650H next month. Was gonna get from this place but if they don't help on the current freight charges I won't .

  4. #4Moonlite2014-08-15 00:09

    Got most of the charges refunded. Seems new under carriage carries weight.

  5. #5Deeretracks2014-08-15 00:39

    Which is surprising because there isn't usually much margin on undercarriage parts since there is so much competition.