Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Quick and dirty JIC Hyrdo Connector ID

oldram ยท 2014-08-07 21:21

Have a leaking dipper hose on a 755 Ford backhoe. Trying to ID the JIC female fitting size each end. the there a quick way to measure and ID the size?

Replies8
  1. #1Delmer2014-08-07 21:40

    http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/thread_guide.pdf You need a caliper or a real good eye, and page six.

  2. #2scheirerequip2014-08-07 21:50

    In my experience with this usually if it is a 3/4 hose it's 3/4 Jic or # 12 if it's a 1"1/2 wrench it's 1 inch hose 1 inch fitting or #14 I have a chart on my phone but I don't know how to post it here goes

  3. #3willie592014-08-07 22:20

    Quick and Dirty? The wrench size that fits the female fitting nut: JIC # size/Wrench size #4 /9/16 #6 /11/16 #8 /7/8 #10 /1" #12 /1 1/4 #16 /1 1/2 #20 /2" There are some HD fittings out there, i.e., #6 using a 3/4 wrench, but that's the quick/dirty. Refer to thread size posted by others to verify.

  4. #4herc9832014-08-09 00:01

    They're #14 on my 755B. 1 3/8 wrench fits. Bit of a hassle to get at but the more times you work with these the easier it becomes.

  5. #5willie592014-08-09 00:22

    LoL, it just so happens, I was at work today working with a #14, 1 3/8" wrench, and it hit me...I failed to add #14 to my quick and dirty list. Oh well.

  6. #6lantraxco2014-08-09 01:05

    14's are not all that common, in my world neither are #10's.... Of course about the time you think you know what wrench you need some dweeb manufactures connectors out of odd size hex stock.

  7. #7ScottAR2014-08-10 00:59

    Case TLBs use lots of 10's. Not sure why.

  8. #8Deeretracks2014-08-11 12:39

    Ford backhoes are about the only thing I've ever seen #14 JIC on. Pretty uncommon for sure.