I see backhoes and scraper tractors sometimes with tint so dark you cant see the operator. I was wondering how dark of tint anyone thinks it is on these machines? I do run in the dark some however i have overkill lighting already. Im thinking on my excavator and dozer. Whats your opinion about it?
theres already a thread started a little while back about tint I've tinted the back windows on some of my excavators but you cannot see out of them in low lite conditions
Our tractors have 30% and our excavator has 30% on sides and back and 50% on front if I remember correctly! Jerry
Think Rayban, not window tint.
If its the same thread i found it talked about putting mini blinds inn!! I got in a scraper tractor one time and it was great but it was a sunny day, didnt know if it would create issues at night or how dark most were tinted
Haha. Im trying to get the glare gone, i work around trees so it seams im always in the sun but my stick is in the shade under the trees. I have had 4 eye surgeries and my eyes HATE the light, most of my vehicles have tint plus i wear my oakleys
What most people do not realize about tint is that it is much darker trying to look in, that it is to be inside looking out. My personal vehicle has double layers of 5% on the side windows. Can't look inside to save your life. But you can look outside of it just fine.
Belooky, I was wondering if you applied two films to get 10%? Or is that a trick you learned to keep it at only 10% and it makes it harder to see in with two films? Thanks Mudober
I'm in the seat most of the time but when I'm on the ground or in the hole I want to be able to look the operator in the eyes and know we both know I'm in the kill zone , Food for thought !
Absolutely true, and food for thought.
Two layers of 5% would technically be 0%. I put on the first layer then let it cure for a week or so then put another layer on top of it. From the outside it looks like spray paint. But from the inside you can see out perfectly fine. Working in the woods at night you do need to crack a window to check for sure at a stop sign or maneuvering in a tight spot. But I generally always have the windows down anyway. Here on the coast of SC it's not like we have a real cold winter.