Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Front Bucket on 580 SE

ottawamerc ยท 2009-06-14 19:07

Hi guys, I have this issue with my front loader rising up when I'm using the backhoe? I have to keep putting down pressure on the loader. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Replies6
  1. #1willie592009-06-14 21:26

    My first two thoughts for possibilities would be linkage problem or valve problem. You need to describe how the lever action is for the loader control. You said the loader comes up and you have to keep making it go back down. After you've pushed the lever to down, then return to the neutral position, what does it do. If you take the lever and move it slightly toward the down position against the detent (not moving into the down position), what does it do. Same process toward the up position, what does it do?

  2. #2Goose2009-06-14 23:45

    Sounds like the seals on the load check valves in the control valve. If they are leaking, anytime you build pressure in the loader control valve which is anytime you use a backhoe function a little oil seeps past the load checks and goes into the cylinder that has the leaking load check. I have seen the loader raise or the bucket curl when thes seals start leaking.

  3. #3ottawamerc2009-06-15 08:17

    Thanks guys for the quick replys! ATCOEQUIP I will check that out today as I am not sure about the centering and Goose the bucket does curl too if I dont catch the upward motion quick enough.

  4. #4Goose2009-06-15 20:05

    Heres a breakdown of the loader section. The load check valves in question are # 17-20. Usually the oring # 20 will be gone or split causing this ghosty problem. The bucket section is about the same in the load check area except for plug # 21 is a relief valve on both sides of the sections.

  5. #5willie592009-06-15 20:41

    That makes sense Goose. When the loader spools are centered, the load check circuit would be connected to the power beyond outlet to the backhoe valve which is return to tank when no functions are operated. If you pressurise the circuit via hoe valve, it would cause a reaction if the load check seals were crap.

  6. #6Goose2009-06-16 23:23

    The backhoe control valves have this same set up which is were we usually get complaints. Usually they complain that the backhoe will swing or the boom will raise or lower when another backhoe function is dead ended. Not to many operators realize the loader is raising or the bucket is curling because of this problem. Alot of times they think this is normal or think they have hit the lever and did not realize it.