Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel additives

Blueboy · 2015-12-10 09:25

Not sure where to put this thread, I saw the same subject in different locations. Any one use these two treatments together? Bio Kleen Opti-Lube

Replies5
  1. #1Blueboy2015-12-11 12:48

    #1 has lower energy content and lower lubrication properties. Up the road they have #2 at the pump. Chemically speaking off road diesel today is the same as highway ULSD crap, apart from the tax and red die. And now that I’m topped off with 45 gallons (#2) in my tank I would like to have some pice of mind by adding some lubrication and all the other properties to it. I have read some guys use 2 stroke oil or ATF, which may be fine in most cases but I like a more scientific approach. As far as the Bio Kleen, I don’t think there is any bacteria or fungi in my system but there again it’s for pice of mind. But to much of this treatment is corrosive. I don’t see a problem using both, but if someone knows better can you spare :my2c:my2c:my2c

  2. #2Blueboy2015-12-11 18:43

    Here's some posts I read yesterday. I found this comment from YouTube. It's not algae, it is microbes that create problems in a diesel fuel tank and system. Algae needs sunlight to grow and there is no light inside a fuel tank!. Whatever you call them, those critters must die! HeavyEquipmentForums HeavyEquipmentForums HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3Roddd2015-12-11 21:11

    I use Diesel Kleen in my Duramax and my euro trash commuter car. It really quiets down the injectors and smooths each engine out, especially the Duramax. I buy it at Walmart. It's about 18 bucks for a big jug and well worth it in my opinion.

  4. #4Blueboy2015-12-11 22:43

    From what I have found on the innerweb I have to agree. With a warmer climate like yours the chance of getting microbes in your fuel is higher. But is a concern no matter where you live. I would rather have a euro car than the crap flooding our country. (hope no one is offended:crying) I found people mixing different additives, but not the exact ones I mentioned, I should be safe. It's only 45 gallons, it's only money.

  5. #5Roddd2015-12-12 03:01

    It's my understanding that they're all pretty much the same. Anything to enhance the lubricity of the fuel is a good thing. The government regulations on diesel fuel itself suck, the treatment helps it out a bit.