Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel gage

Criso ยท 2013-05-28 16:16

Hi guys I have a komatsu d-65 dozer and it doesn't have a fuel gage,I have to use a stick to check the level. Any ideas how to put a fuel gage in of some kind or even on the fuel cap?

Replies10
  1. #1Criso2013-05-28 16:21

    Gauge .

  2. #2mitch5042013-05-28 16:39

    I have Komatsu and Cat equipment that came from the factory w/ a dipstick that goes through a hole in the side of the fuel fill screen. Oh, and I usually misspell gage, guage, err, gauge the first time it's in a post.

  3. #3Delmer2013-05-28 19:51

    Outboard boat motor tanks have some interesting "gauges" on them. Or you could find a low pressure guage ( inches of water column or mm of Hg) and mount it at the bottom of the tank, if that's reasonably visible. Then use a magic marker for your empty and full.

  4. #4SchuLace2013-05-28 20:51

    Cat seems to think it is a "gage" as well.

  5. #5YEC19982013-05-28 22:46

    Top the tank off everyday and you won't have to worry about it.

  6. #6durtmvr2013-05-28 23:02

    How about these ? The seller has them from 7 1/2" deep tanks to 17 3/4" deep tanks. Or this ?

  7. #7lantraxco2013-05-28 23:37

    Are you sure there isn't a fuel level hose on one side or the other of the fuel tank where you can see it from somewhere? The older Japanese machines almost all had them, though usually they're painted and just look like a painted rod or a fuel line. Or they've turned black from age and bad diesel, heh.

  8. #8Scrub Puller2013-05-29 03:02

    Yair . . . I have never had much use for fuel gauges on equipment. You can always trust a dipstick. All the old Cat's and last 65 I was on all had dipsticks under the fuel cap, it slipped down beside the strainer. Cheers.

  9. #9lantraxco2013-05-29 03:05

    Ah, I learn something new every day! All the CAT's had them, that I knew, did not know about the Kommies. But then when I was turning wrenches usually the biggest dipsticks had their asses planted firmly in the operator's seat! :Banghead

  10. #10Criso2013-05-29 18:25

    Thanks guys I found the dip stick