Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

fuel injector replacement on cat 4.4

Ntenss1 · 2018-01-07 20:55

I have an injector malfunction code 1-7, cylinder number 1 injector not responding properly. my question is does the computer have to be flashed after an injector install? if so would it have to be flashed if I had the existing injector rebuilt?

Replies15
  1. #1Ntenss12018-01-07 21:53

    my question is a little confusing, I haven't changed the injector yet, I am trying to see if I can just order a reman and install it and go or will the computer have to be flashed. thank you for any help

  2. #2Billrog2018-01-07 23:10

    Maybe consider running some sea foam or Royal Purple in your fuel for a trial see if it helps. I know nothing about that computer but I'm sure some one does.

  3. #3Ntenss12018-01-07 23:34

    Thank you for your input I hadn't considered the additives

  4. #4kshansen2018-01-08 09:11

    I tried to look for information on SIS but as they do not show 4.4 came up empty. If you have a full Model and serial Number that would go a long way to finding information.

  5. #5Ntenss12018-01-08 10:21

    I found my answer thank you, a trim code must be loaded into the ecm that matches the serial # on the replacement injector

  6. #6kshansen2018-01-08 10:47

    That is what I was thinking but wanted to be sure before I made that remark. I know on other engines that even if you just swap say injector #1 with #6 to see if problem moved with injector you have to tell the ECM that that is what you did!

  7. #7Abdel2024-05-25 12:40

    الاسطوانة رقم 6 الحاقن: لا يستجيب بشكل صحيح

  8. #8Abdel2024-05-25 12:41

    أحتاج إلى المساعدة إذا كان ذلك ممكنا

  9. #9Nige2024-05-25 12:45

    Translation: Cylinder No. 6 Injector: Not responding properly Translation: I need help if possible Abdel, to stay within the forum rules you have to post in English. Use Google Translate if necessary.

  10. #10Abdel2024-05-25 12:49

    Cylinder No. 6 Injector: Not responding properly

  11. #11Abdel2024-05-25 12:53

    I replaced the external control unit and changed all of the diesel injectors and the problem still exists

  12. #12Abdel2024-05-25 12:55

    The code is logged. The ECM has determined that the mechanical wear for the injector is out of specifications. The ECM continues to energize the injector solenoid. Maybe the problem is with the flash, thank you

  13. #13Nige2024-05-25 13:04

    Can you start with a machine model and Serial Number please.

  14. #14Abdel2024-05-25 13:16

    CAT0320DAKG 08977

  15. #15Nige2024-05-25 13:44

    If it is a 320D I assume you mean the Serial Number is KGF08977.? Do you have a Diagnostic Code of 6-7.?