Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel leak on a Case 1845C (1999)

Thechap ยท 2011-10-29 09:22

Well, went out to the garage to fire up the skidsteer, expecting about a foot of snow today. I last ran it about two months ago. Found diesel fuel, about three feet round under the skidsteer on the floor. Any idea where it may be coming from? I checked the fuel filter and it's not leaking from there. Where should I begin to look? Remember, be specific. I don't know crap about these things. Bryan

Replies4
  1. #1alrman2011-10-29 17:04

    Crack in fuel tank Crack in fuel delivery hose to lift pump Loose fuel filters Rust hole at in-line filter (if fitted) Fuel shut off solenoid Throttle shaft seals Gasket at top cover of injector pump Start by looking at top of engine & working down to bellypan.

  2. #2tilleyd2013-04-11 13:30

    I have a fuel leak at gasket at the top cover of injector pump , and cannot find scams or parts list for the gasket. can any one help need to fix cheapest and best way. I am retired and just use the loader around the home place. its mid 90s I would guess. and have not had any problems in the 5 years I have had it. THANKS TILLEY

  3. #3apetad2013-05-01 18:41

    Bad fuel cap We have had many of these, Customer installs aftermarket fuel cap, (same as 1968 Ford Pickup) They do not release the pressure that builds up in the fuel tank as fuel temperature changes and out goes the gasket at injection pump top cover. We keep many in stock because it happens all the time. After replacing the gasket you need to drill a little 1/16" hole in the little sealing disk inside the fuel cap, YES when full to tippy top some fuel will leak out if parked in the right position so CAREFULL not to over fill tank.

  4. #4MPGorham2024-01-26 13:58

    Can this gasket be replaced without compromising the timing of the injector pump to the engine and is there a seal for around the throttle shaft coming through the cover